Button text on Crimson Red Lion touch panels

phuz

The Crimson PDF manuals leave a little to be desired, and this isn't quite obvious, but how can you change the text of a button with a tag?

I set my ON/OFF values for the tag itself, but cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to instill this onto the button. It seems I can only set static text.

The Crimson PDF manuals leave a little to be desired, and this isn't quite obvious, but how can you change the text of a button with a tag?

I set my ON/OFF values for the tag itself, but cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to instill this onto the button. It seems I can only set static text.

Set the Text to "=TagName.AsText" without the quotes.

Jackpot. Thanks.
I also found that if you "Add Data" instead of "Add Text" it works.

Hope this helps somebody.

Correct, but you said "change the text of a button" you didn't say display the value of a tag on a button, so I gave you the method to change the text.

Keep this in mind because there are a lot of places where you might be *required* to enter Text rather than Data (like the label of a tag) but you want something that changes based on some other condition and this syntax will most of the time work.

Correct, but you said "change the text of a button" you didn't say display the value of a tag on a button, so I gave you the method to change the text.

Keep this in mind because there are a lot of places where you might be *required* to enter Text rather than Data (like the label of a tag) but you want something that changes based on some other condition and this syntax will most of the time work.

Well, it's not a PLC value. It's the tag's text, but you have to use the "Add Data" to display it. Either way, it works.

Well, it's not a PLC value. It's the tag's text, but you have to use the "Add Data" to display it. Either way, it works.

It is DATA because it is based on a tag's value. Whether it is a two state or a 200 element Multistate that you want to show, it still changes based on the tag's value.

How you show it is up to you, you can show the value (0 or 1) or (176) or you can show .AsText to show the Formatted Display Text based on that value.

And...

You can display it on a button (or other places) using Add Text and using the =TagName.AsText or the Add Data and using TagName.AsText. There is also an AsText(TagName) function that works in some situations, but I prefer the .AsText property.