C-more and D2 PLC, screen update speed

icc1john

I have been toying with a C-more panel connected (K-sequence) to a D2 204. I am using a HSC and what is baffling me is the "update rate" of the C-more panel.
I threw a standard counter in the logic as well, it also updates on the view of the screen very slowly.
At this point I am just toying with it, but any idea why the count updates so slowly ??
I noticed this morning in the PLC status view that the count numbers are also trailing considerably...

This may be unrelated, but do you have many popup windows. I know popups really slow the response time down. I discovered that through tech support.

Just a thought.

There are many things that can slow the update speed. Noise, grounding and putting too many objects on a screen.

I would assume that you are using a serial connection. The most common issue is grounding. The panel and the PLC need to be grounded at the same potential as RS-232 is a ground referenced signal.

If you are using a purchased cable that has not been extended and grounding is correct, then take a look at the link for putting too many objects on the screen.

I ran all new grounds, even removed the HSC and just used a standard counter that I am triggering manually, using a factory cable, only a few items on the screen, doesn't lose any counts, just display catches up slowly.

You didn't mention your baud rate or which port you are using. The default is 9600, but you should be able to use 19200 or 38400.

Ah-ha - yes, you are correct - the baud is 9600... pretty easy to change in the c-more, how the heck do I change it in the D2 ??

The DL-240's top port is not adjustable, leave it for programming. But the bottom port can be adjusted while online by using 'PLC', 'Setup', 'Setup Secondary COM Port'. It should be able to go up to 19,2 K.