Troubles with WinPLC coupled to C-More Micro HMI Screen

MJK4826

I have already synced the .MAP file containing all the tag names from the WinPLC to the C-More Micro software. Although I am using an older version of Think 'n Do (used for programming the WinPLC), everything still seems to be supported between the two platforms, with one exception, and thus my problem. In the C-More Micro programming software is a menu option listed under 'SETUP'-->'PLC to PANEL.' This menu contains a few key variable communication options that allow the PLC to change the backlight color, turn the beep on or off, etc. After looking through the addressing and data type help menus for both systems, the HMI software is expecting unsigned INT16 or BCD data types to be used to enable the PLC to make the aforementioned changes. I have now tried setting up the WinPLC to use the following sensible data types: registers, numbers, float, strings, and arrays (though I'm not sure if I set up the array properly.) At any rate, none of these data types were acceptable to the HMI software, and in fact the HMI software claims that registers (which seem to be the best option for what I need to do here) are a completely UNSUPPORTED data type between these two platforms. So might anyone know what else I can try to make this work?

Did you try using the "Counter" data type in Thinkndo? I believe they are not enabled by default. Go under Project>Settings and you should be able to enable Counters. They are the original 16 bit data type in Thinkndo (way back when).

Did you try using the "Counter" data type in Thinkndo? I believe they are not enabled by default. Go under Project>Settings and you should be able to enable Counters. They are the original 16 bit data type in Thinkndo (way back when).

Sorry this is probably going to be wordy...This program was originally written by one of my predecessors here at my job. After looking around I found that the "Counter" data type is already used in the program and oddly the C-More software is fine with using it in the objects as well as the Tag name Database. However, for the all-important "PLC <-> Panel" variables, the "Counter" data type (and all other data types that are used in the WinPLC program for that matter) is not recognized. I've actually made some headway by taking a "Number" data type from Thinkndo, but then (after re-building the whole project and thus creating a new .MAP file) I changed the data type to be "Unsigned INT 16" in the C-More Micro program. So now C-more Micro at least allowed me to plug the altered variables into the "PLC <-> Panel" data spots. Only problem is that the WinPLC can't read from or write to them because it's expecting "Signed INT 32" Number data, not "Unsigned INT 16." So yeah, long story short, I'm still stuck...:oops: But I thank you for your idea, at least it was worth a shot.

PS - My Thinkndo version is Think 'N Do: LIVE! Release 5.4. And I'm up to date with C-more micro at version 2.2...if that helps anyone in the process of assisting me.

Sorry, I didn't follow part of your explanation there.

Are you not able to change one of your Counters to Unsigned Int 16 in the Tag Name Database of the C-more Micro project and use it?

I understand why the Number data type wouldn't work since it is a 32 bit data type instead of a 16 bit data type.