Can Anyone Identify Where this Code may have come from?

raccjim

I received an email from a student with the following code attached. This is supposed to control a floodgate system, and supposed to be written for an SLC 500 in RSLogix. I've not seen anything quite like this before but It looks to me like it came from some type of generator or AI app.
Christian C Code.JPG Any suggestions as to origin would be greatly appreciated, I don't want this to become the norm!

I received an email from a student with the following code attached. This is supposed to control a floodgate system, and supposed to be written for an SLC 500 in RSLogix. I've not seen anything quite like this before but It looks to me like it came from some type of generator or AI app.
View attachment 69447 Any suggestions as to origin would be greatly appreciated, I don't want this to become the norm!
the student emailed that image?

or is that image a screen shot of what the email text looked like?

If the latter, can you paste the text into a CODE block (see the </> icon button in the post editor here)?

Interesting...
At my last place, we used SLC Logistics for some SLC 100/150s and UP/DOC for PLC-2s. Using different more or less roundabout methods, we would generate a code printout in a plain text file (basically ASCII characters like would be sent to an old LPT port printer). When opened in Notepad or MS Word with the margins/font wonky, it would end up looking something like that.

At my last place, we used SLC Logistics for some SLC 100/150s and UP/DOC for PLC-2s. Using different more or less roundabout methods, we would generate a code printout in a plain text file (basically ASCII characters like would be sent to an old LPT port printer). When opened in Notepad or MS Word with the margins/font wonky, it would end up looking something like that.
Did the same for SLC500 and PLC5 programs (25 years ago).
But this does not look like that at all. It is supposed to be for SLC500, and as far as I know, you cannot place output coils in series in an SLC500.

But this does not look like that at all. It is supposed to be for SLC500, and as far as I know, you cannot place output coils in series in an SLC500.
Good point. Could be a very badly configured/formatted printout or bad AI. Or something else...
I'd probably tell the student to submit the actual code file or get a zero, but that's just me.

Thanks for all the replies! I tried to get Chat GPT and Bing to write it, but my results were different... I'm going to sort through some of the above suggestions and see what I come up with...

the student emailed that image?

or is that image a screen shot of what the email text looked like?

If the latter, can you paste the text into a CODE block (see the </> icon button in the post editor here)?
That was actually text in an Outlook email. I've been pasting it to different apps to see what I can shake out of it!

Yes, it looked like several outputs in series to me as well, ControlLogix will let you but I don't think RSLogix will verify two on a rung. Let's not even get started on Siemens mid-line coils!