Cannont view GE Proficy Project Folder

tlona

The client has sent me a GE proficy project folder that was copied from the /build/local/ directory. I am trying read the file using Proficy Machine Edition but cannot change the path where the application reads the files. Both GE Proficy are version 6.0. Does anyone know how to read/open a project folded that was created by a different PC?

I assume you are talking about Proficy Machine Edition.

Your client needs to make a Backup of the Proficy Project. With Proficy open but not the project, right click on the project name in navigator and click Backup. This will create a .zip file they can send to you.

Once you have the .zip file, open Proficy ME and right click on My Computer in the navigator, click Restore and point to the .zip file you were sent.

This is the ONLY way you should move Proficy ME projects between computers.