Convert PDF to Eplan

adamplc

Does anybody know how to do this, not familiar with Eplan. Not sure if there is a convertor built in?
Thanks for any help.

PDF files are specifically designed to be difficult to edit or translate. Good luck, keep us up to date.

There is no direct import functionality for PDF in EPLAN. If have a PDF, you can use it as a hyperlink in EPLAN, this way when you open a page in EPLAN, you could have access to the PDF. If you are able to convert it to DXF, then you can import the DXF as graphics in EPLAN. However, if the PDF was originally created in EPLAN, and you have made some red-lines, these red-lines can be imported back into EPLAN as a separate layer that can be accessed very easily. Best regards, Sean

spm233 is correct. You can import a pdf file that ws made in eplan and has been edited.

If I make a set of drawings and send them to you for approval in pdf then you can make comments and changes in adobe reader 10 and send the file back to me and I can import it back to eplan with your changes.

Customers can review and change without having eplan and without me having to enter all their changes by hand.

Are you sure about that Plc kid? It looks to me like you can only import comments made on the pdf. Which probarbly means you must have the original drawing on eplan

Are you sure about that Plc kid? It looks to me like you can only import comments made on the pdf. Which probarbly means you must have the original drawing on eplan

Chud

In effect you are correct. I should have made that a little more clear. The customer can make comments to the pdf and you can import them. But customers can make a comment to a wire and say for example

" we need to upgrade this from 12 AWG wire to 10 AWG as we may upsize this motor later and lets upsize the drive to the next model also"

I will import this and when those changes have ben made I will remove the comment from the drawing.

I will add however there is a way for your customers to make some changes without eplan.

If you export the project to excel they can change the tag name and description of a device as well as the Mfg part number of a device.

I will typically send a customer the pdf and the excel.

Lets say that for all the pushbutton on a control panel I specified allen bradley 800F series which is 22 MM and the customer changes his mind and wants 800T which is 30 MM
then he can pickoup the exact ab part number he wants for each pushbutton and enter it in the excel sheet and all I have to do is import it and the drawing is updated because it is based on a database.

Most of the time I will do a diff compare between the excel WB I sent the client and what I got back from them before I import just to see what all they did change and check for any errors before I import.

I use these 2 warez to do that.

http://www.formulasoft.com/excel-compare.html

http://www.florencesoft.com/

Comes in handy sometimes and reduces my work.

I wonder if snagit or nero would do it?
eplan to excell

Last edited:
The 3rd party warez I mentioned in my earlier post were just to do a diff on the excel files but you can do that just as good with a little simple vba code in excel.

I just purchased the 3rd party apps to make it canned and easy.