Converting percentage into a 4-20ma output on GE Fanuc 9070

RCY

Hi Guys,

I was assigned a task to use the percentage setpoint on the HMI to have an output equivalent to 4-20ma using GE Fanuc 9070. If you have any idea or suggestion please feel free to comment. Thanks.

Each analog output channel is assigned a %AQ address in hardware configuration. In that module a value of 32000 in the %AQ address corresponds to a signal level of 20 mA. A value of zero in the %AQ address corresponds to a signal level of 4 mA. If your setpoint is entered as a 16-bit integer between zero and 100, simply multiply the value from the HMI by 320 and send the result of the multiplication to the %AQ address.

Thanks Steve for the swift reply. I will try this and lets you know once done.
BTW, is this also possible if we do this in the cpu (cpx772)?