corrupt processor

Try to Upload Create New File

Have you tried to create a new file when going online? If RSLogix path is pointing at a corrupt file but the processor name and checksum match, it won't give you the option to Upload New. You can change the paths in RSLogix, or just move the default files to another directory temporarily then try to go online and create a new offline project...

just a suggestion ... instead of trying to "Go Online" with the processor, try selecting "Upload" from the same menu ... it helps to cross your fingers when you try this ... once in awhile it actually works ...

good luck ...

Freak said:
Hi all,
I have a 5/05 that is currently operating fine, I need to make a minor change to the program and whenever I go to get online it comes up with "Corrupt Processor" and fails to go online. Meanwhile the PLC must be working as the production line is still making widgets. Is this the same symptons that you had Kurt?

Cheers
Peter

We had the same issue about a week ago with some code we were updating.
Turns out the previous programmer was working in Logix 500 7.1 and we were using 7.0

We upgraded Logix to the latest (7.2) and everything shook out fine. Interesting the software is not smart enough to tell you what the problem is, instead you just get barfed at.

Similar RSLogix Comm Problems

Hi All,

I've read through this thread and seen a very similar situation I am encountering in trying to communicate with three 1747-L20D bricks. I've tried downloading, uploading, using an EEPROM, clearing memory to factory default and am still unable to communicate.

Have come to the conclusion that the version of RSLogix 500 is the problem. Am using verion 5.20.00 and guess I need a newer version. So, while this is a no-fix for me (boss won't spend money on software contract with AB - don't get me started!), others may benefit from getting the latest software update.