Counting multiple outputs

Hakutsuru said:
And finally, why re-invent the wheel? If the folks at goodyear had an attitude like that, we'd all still be rolling around on rounded rocks.
And would somebody like Robert Thomson (credited in 1845, but at too great a cost) or John Dunlop (credited in 1888 for bicycle tires) have still tried to fill those rounded rocks up with air? (just curious)

imonline said:
I've got an archiving/historical program that picks data off our plc's. I've set this program to gather N9:50's data every 4 minutes. So even if I wait 2 minutes to get the count updated, it doesn't matter.

-Don

Using the counter and all those comparrison instructions (EQU) and one shots adds more to your scan time than just calculating a new result every scan would. However you want to do it is up to you, its your system and you have to maintain it, but thats a lot of extra unnecessary steps, and some time down the road someone else is going to look at that and scratch his head and wonder what you were trying to do.

Alaric said:
Using the counter and all those comparrison instructions (EQU) and one shots adds more to your scan time than just calculating a new result every scan would. However you want to do it is up to you, its your system and you have to maintain it, but thats a lot of extra unnecessary steps, and some time down the road someone else is going to look at that and scratch his head and wonder what you were trying to do.

Agreed. And with any luck, it'll be imonline himself that does it. Or am I the only one whose ever looked at some his old code and wondered why?
"What the heck is this? Some complete moron must have programmed this ..... wait a minute. Oh, nevermind" Good thing those thoughts remain unsaid (until I'm sure I wasn't the culprit).

-jeff