Crimson 3 - Force Tag Read From 5370 Compactlogix

califflash

Is there any way to force a group of tags or folder of read only tags to read and update their values from a target device? Such as an inverse of the WriteAll() function?

I am currently working on a faceplate for a red lion g310c210 to display and modify parameter data from powerflex 525's. I have a list box that you can select the parameter group in and then scroll through and modify the contents of that group.

To accomplish this I have set up a directory structure that emulates a 2d array. I increment integers for each dimension with buttons that I then assemble in a string then filter through the FindTagIndex and GetIntTag functions. This works beautifully if there is data present in the tag, but when the tags are mapped to the PLC I get default values of 0's.

The problem lies in how crimson updates tag data. If I put a data display or call in a program for the tag data I want to display on the same page, the data in the list box populates and works as intended. I am trying to avoid having to call each and every tag in the background.

I have tried this with C3 build 483 and 619. With the L5k driver v2.0 and v1.4

I have discovered a work around.

By setting a change in value trigger on the tags that I have mapped to the PLC the tags will constantly update instead of waiting for a direct reference from a primitive on that page.

Jeremy,

Could we get an option to force update a tag at x interval so that we can keep the comm traffic down? This would fit nicely on the format or data tabs of the tag properties.