Critical Issue with ControlNet

I hate digging up old threads....

Does anyone know if there is an update to correct this problem yet? We have some downtime coming that we would be able to get it done in.

Thanks,
Patrick

curlyandshemp said:
Is this another issue on top of the one that was corrected in version 10.6 and 10.7 as per Rockwell's firmware update site?

I have this Exact problem with two new machines, I have contacted RA they had no idea what the problem might be, My local Rep gave me 2 replacement modules. My question is what all is involved in changing the cnbr/e module? can I replace it and just reschedule the network? Or are there more?

I had rather not upgrade the firmware since I already have the replacement modules just for that purpose.

Thanks

The solution to this problem has been released by Rockwell earlier this year. Upgrade CNBR/E modules' firmware rev. to 11.002 or greater and CNBR/D modules' to rev. 5.50 or greater! You will have to take a shut-in for this and re-schedule the network.

The solution to this problem has been released by Rockwell earlier this year. Upgrade CNBR/E modules' firmware rev. to 11.002 or greater and CNBR/D modules' to rev. 5.50 or greater! You will have to take a shut-in for this and re-schedule the network.

Question,

I have the 11.02Rev FW, After Installing the firmware will I need to do anything else?

Also in the previous response you said I would have to "take shut -in" Im not familiar with that term. Do you mean The machine has to be Down?

Thanks

Yes, the machine and the process will have to be down. ControlNet can not be scheduled with the processor in Run mode.

Yes; Oakley is correct. The facility will have to shut-in as the processor will go into Program mode when you schedule the network after you flash and upgrade your Controlnet card. Just a matter of 5-10 mins and the facility can be back online once you put the PLC in Run mode.

And yes, once you upgrade the controlnet card's firmware to 11.002, don't forget to re-schedule the whole network.