Curiosity for Modicon's 884, 984

José Serra

Only for couriosity... I just want to know a few things about the Modicon's 884, 984 and 984 compact systems.

- Released in early 80's isn't it?
- What are the diferences in between? (one is older than the other?)
- They are hard to program?
- When they came out of the market?
- Where can I get a data sheet or manual?

Thanks.

oops!

I'm sorry for ask about the manual, I didn't see the search botton in modicon's web site. I will read some and then return with another question.

Thanks.

Modicon 984 and compacts

Jose, I been dealing with these guys for about 20 years and love em. They are rugged and will hold up under very rough conditions, I find the programming about the same as AB with suttle difference's in some of the instuctions. I have had to had to ask these guys for some help with the AB stuff since I am a Modicon guy myself. The 984's are powerful as any PLC around and Modicons new Quantum is as qood any on the market. It can do any thing you want motion,ladder,etc all in one. the compacts are powerful as well. If you need help email me. I might not know Ab as much as these guys but I can rung rings around most in Modicon!!! :) :) :)