Data intensive RSView PCs

Pierre

Lifetime Supporting Member
Can 2 ENET card/module be installed on 1 PLC5/40C 4 slots rack with different IP address in order to segregate between the SCADA Operator control part and the Trend logging part.

A trend and loging intensive setup slows down this system and I beleive upgrading to RSLinx Gateway will just not be enough.

I don't know if you can simply add a second ENET card with a different address, but I had a similar problem with a 16 slot PLC5/40E. It was Series C, Rev D. The PLC would fault and loose its program. I upgraded the processor firmware to Series C, Rev U.1 and the problems stopped. The upgrade was even covered under our tech-connect contract.

Similar Topics

Hello Everyone, I am using a raC_Opr_NetModbusTCPClient AOI module, as below,. So, I need some assistance to restrict in reducing the poling...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a 505 workshop program with PLC type of 555- 1106 and I was wondering how can I download the data documentation window as a...
Replies
Views
Hello everybody, I'm currently working on a project where I need to implement an IoT platform based on Microsoft Azure Cloud. Communication is...
Replies
Views
Hello. I have a db which is 1000 INT, and this db is represented in WinCC as a raw data type set of 5x 400 Bytes. This set is read with a script...
Replies
Views
So i've been at this for a long while, i have Citect Scada 2018, i have full access to everything but i can't seem to find any option or...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom