Emerson RX3i compatibility with GE RX3i

BlackBamba

Hi,
I have a machine running with a GE RX3i system (including a few remote RSTi Profinet nodes). This control system installation is now 10 years old. I'm trying to figuire out what should I expect in case a module needs replacing in the near future.

Do Emerson/reps keep old GE stock?
Are Emerson RX3i modules backward compatible with the GE ones?
Or are we simply doomed...? 🔨

Yes they keep old stock.... till it is gone...
However RX3i is same between GE and Emerson.... Just brand name change.

However... I would keep ME updated to current version, so you have current module features.

Last edited:
Also... about 95% of the GE 90-30 IO modules will plug directly into an RX3i rack and work.
This is a very nice feature.. to upgrade you only need an RX3i Power Supply, CPU and rack, the original 90-30 IO modules are okay to re-use.

Last edited: