ET200 SP HA DI card wiring

Lc1

Hello,
We have the following DI card that can accept 1,2 and 3 wire DI's
( 6DL1131-6BH00-0PH1). We plan on installing this card for use with think top head valve limit switch. From the valve manual it says that connections should be made to pins:
1 and 2 for power supply and
then either pin 4 or 5 for valve indication.

Say for example we are going for pin 5, my question is can this be wired to the card in the following way

a wire from uv0 ( +) on the card to pin 1 on the valve
a wire from DI.0 on the card to pin 5 on the valve
a wire from 0V ( -) to pin 2 on the valve

Am i correct that this is a 3 wire installation and can be connected up as i have described or is there something i am missing.

Thanks

et200sp.jpg thinktop.jpg

Yes, you have it correct.
What I found quite confusing is there description of the input module as Sink input (PNP, active high).
The wiring diagram clarifies the intended meaning though

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Would UV0 and DI.0 not work? Is it not the same as UV5 and DI5?

Thanks again

Yes absolutely. I thought you were going for Pin 5 on the input module but you are correct, any of the inputs with their sensor supply will work.

Hello,
We have the following DI card that can accept 1,2 and 3 wire DI's
( 6DL1131-6BH00-0PH1). We plan on installing this card for use with think top head valve limit switch. From the valve manual it says that connections should be made to pins:
1 and 2 for power supply and
then either pin 4 or 5 for valve indication.

Say for example we are going for pin 5, my question is can this be wired to the card in the following way

a wire from uv0 ( +) on the card to pin 1 on the valve
a wire from DI.0 on the card to pin 5 on the valve
a wire from 0V ( -) to pin 2 on the valve

Am i correct that this is a 3 wire installation and can be connected up as i have described or is there something i am missing.

Thanks
Dont know if its the late night and bad eyes but you could use pin 3 on the valve as well. pin 4 and 5 will give you separate limits and pin3 both. Need to see check the manual when the output in pin3 actually switches

Just to add to my original question. I believe the way I have described above will work but I have also been thinking about the following

Would we need to take a Separate 24V and oV from our panel to the think top head and return to the card via pin 4 on the think top? As would we not be powering the thinktops io board, can the card do this?

Thanks