Factory Defaulting a L73 Processor

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Everyone,
Customer is asking me to put their Spare L73 processor that I was using for development back to "Factory Default".

I know I can put a blank program in it but is it possible to remove the firmware flash version and set it back to what the factory uses?

Don't ask me why they want this I have stopped asking why. Most of the time they don't know why, it is just what the want:)

if not it isn't a big deal but if I can accommodate their wishes I will.

Thanks for the help.

I don't know of any way to install the boot firmware only. It's possible that RA Tech Support could give it to you if you asked, but I've never seen it available for download.

I would just put a project into the controller with no Tasks and no Programs, and name the project "FACTORY_DEFAULT".

The next person who comes across the spare controller in an open box is going to power it up, see "FACTORY DEFAULT" scrolling across the display, and know that they need to load their runtime program.

You can "factory default" Logix processors, but they will not return to just the boot code v1.xx. Once initially flashed, they will stay flashed to whatever the current firmware revision is...

59038 - How to reset Logix processors to factory default
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards,
George