Factorytalk view ME editable table

Bolatov

Hello
I had a requirement in a Panelview plus to show a historical table, wich is an array and I had not problems because I was moving an indexed array and I only made one screen. The historical is 500 Positions.

But now they are asking me to make this table also editable, and I honestly don't know what to do... i mean... i cant do about 50 screens...

Im attaching the panelview screen

SCREEN.jpg

Parameter file is the way to go. I even use a parameter to make the Prev and Next visible or not depending on what page you are on. You can also use a parameter for a page number. I use this for editing of formulas with up to 100 steps.

Ok I have setup a 500 parameter file and make the table

#1.Value1 #1.Value2 #1.Value3
#2.Value1 #2.Value2 #2.Value3
#3.Value1 #3.Value2 #3.Value3
#10.Value1 #10.Value2 #10.Value3

But there will be #500 parameters, how can I make the change the placeholders in this page to show from #11-#20?

Im almost done, but I cant use the index parameters something seems to be wrong I tried a lot of things but always with the same results

any advices plz?

casi.jpg

I had to handle with this situation as well a couple of weeks ago.

Turns out that indexed arrays are not possible with FactoryTalk.

Thing is, FactoryTalk will replace your hashes (#) with the textual value you give them from your parameter file, NOT the value of that tag. So it will try to look for:

Code:
{[PLC]gec_dint[{[PLC]indexado_00}]}

Which obviously does not produce the result you want. If you give you hashes the textual value of 1 (#5=1), then it should work because it tries to find in the PLC:

Code:
{[PLC]gec_dint[1]}

We went for the solution that the PLC will copy a part of the big source array to a small array based on a offset tag used to scroll trough the list which was then displayed on the panel. No editing was required though.

See

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/628627
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21770

Hello Guys

Yes that is what I did, this is just a sample but it works

Rung 1 is where all happens, its based on the sheet number
I copy 10 registers from the big array to the PV array
then when the page has changed it will enable to copy from the PV array to the big array, so you edit the PV array and it will copy it to the Big array

So this way I can view and edit the table

I didn't used the registers LoL

Thanks a lot Guys

Last edited: