Festo Gear + PLC ----LOST

Robinhood

Hi,
Patrick here, im in college in CIT, Cork, Ireland. Doing a project which consists of a 3-axis gantry setup, all servo actuators, supplied by festo. It was bought as a sub assembley.

ccc.jpg

Anyway, il try to give you as much info as i can. I have a Festo Plc, CPX module with 16 digital inputs and 8 digital outputs. I have 4 motor controllers ( X,Y,Z and rotation axis on the Z), They are CMMS-ST controllers, work on a CANopen based system. I am lost in how to wire these to the PLC.

I have the pin connection wire for the controllers but as regards connecting it to the PLC, i need help. I don't want to call out a FESTO engineer as they charge rediculous daily rates. Basically, can any one help in explaining why and how the CANopen system works? Do i need the system or can i hardwire it with a normal OMRON plc? Any info is greatly appreciated.
mycit.ie

Motor controllers:
mycit.ie

Whatever PLC you choose, it will need a communications scanner compatible with CANopen. This may or may not be part of a PLC. Can you post the exact part numbers for the Festo PLC components you have?

As far as Omron is concerned, if you already have a PLC post the part number. Otherwise, it would be best to get with your distributor if you are going to purchase something.