Flowmeter for soybean oil

joaco1993

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi everyone,

I have been looking for a while a flowmeter for soybean oil.

I have already tried wheel type and gear type with not good results.

Anyone has experienced and what type of flowmeter did you used ?

(Coriolis flowmeter is out of scope due to high price, I know it might be the best for this application, but budget is low)

Thanks!!

We use coriolis flowmeters on the critical stuff. Since your budget will not allow the use of those, I will recommend the Keyence clamp-on flow meter. I don't know how critical your measurements must be, but these are pretty decent when you follow the directions for mounting them. Keyence has the FD-H, FD-Q, FD-R & FD-X models. We use them in our plant on a process that delivers liquid chemicals to a mixing chamber.