Free data logging

boneless

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi all!

Quick question.

I have a Siemens PLC and need to log some signals. For free... Anyone any ideas?

I have KeptWare installed and am trying to install the datalogger for that, but it has a 2 hour limit? Should be good enough for me, but was wondering if anything else is out there that is free to use.

I'm assuming you're using KepWareEX in this case, KepWareEX has a 2 hour limit because you're using the evaluation version.

Here's a list of free OPC servers, from there you need to find an application that can log the data from the OPC server for you, either event or time driven.

http://www.opcti.com/OPC-Product-Downloads.aspx

What are you trying to log to? A csv? database? Access? Text file?

Hi!

Yeah it is the KepWare Server EX. Having trouble getting the logger set up, and running outa time, lol. Just another day I guess. Something to do with drivers and the fact that I have a 64 bit machine and ...

Tried the IGSS, but can make heads from tails. But thanks for the tip.

I have got a OPC running, just need a way to store some data. xls or csv would be great!