Frustrating PLC issue

nua4ssss

Hi All,

I have a machine that is using a Allen Bradley Micrologix 1200 with a panelview 600. Everything was working normally but we had to unplug some wires to change some components and we are now getting the following issue:

I am getting an Error 208, unable to write to remote device and when we touch the screen we get an 683 file access error. We checked the wire connections and everything seems to be secure. The PLC and Panelview are the same and we did not make any changes to them.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

To me it seems that the Panelview can not communicate with the ML1200. I would trace that cable to make sure it is solidly connected at both ends & didn't come apart in the middle, if there is any termination or plug/receptacle in the run, or a powered adapter/switch that's not plugged in.

Have you tried cycling power to both devices with the communications cable connected between them? What communications protocol is being used (DF1 DH485)? What are the LED’s on the 1200 doing (is the “fault” LED lit up and/or flashing)?