GE-IP series 90-30 to RX3i migration

abelasis

hi there! i have just migrated a series 90-30 plc into RX3i. i am now in the process of testing. but due to very limited time given to us, i need to be exact in our up coming schedules for testing. i am now encountering a problem. my migrated plc is communicating with 4 other plcs (2 GE-IP RX3i and 2 GE Fanuc series 90-30) using the COMM_REQ block. so far, all configurations and ladder logic are already checked. and there were no more errors as shown by the GE proficy machine edition toolbox. but in our testing, it seems that my migrated plc still doesn't send the information in the other plcs. but when i put back again the series 90-30 plc, everything is working fine. i already configured the COMM_REQ block and i already followed the exact procedure of the migration process as stated in the manuals. what seems to be the problem of my migrated plc? or the problem in my migration process?

Maybe you need to forget about the "conversion" and troubleshoot the issues at hand.
What COMM_REQ(s) are you using? (What do they do?)
Exactly what errors are you getting in your COMM_REQ(s) "Status Register"?
Each COMM_REQ has a unique set of Status Errors that can be used to troubleshoot problems.

There are dozens of COMM_REQs available and several different manuals that cover the details.

I am not able to help more with the little information available.

More information here:

sir! attach herewith is the info about the communication of my migrated sbkly plc that is using the COMM_REQ block to communicate to the 4 other plcs. the new configuration for the comm_req block of the sbkly plc is 3 for the sys id and 0 for the task id. as of now, toolbox is not showing any errors in the program neither in the "status register" of the comm_req.

info.jpg

Maybe I will find some time to look at this later, or someone else may.
But, why are you not using EGD instead of "TCP/IP"? Looks like all current systems support this, CPU364 and RX3i.

Why does SBKLY have its Name Server set to itself?

You may want to contact GEIP Tech support or hire an Engineer with some GEIP experience. Troubleshooting like this is not very efficient. Contact GEIP Support

Last edited:
thank you for your reply sir. that was also my question for them right from the start but i think that the EGD is not yet compatible for the series 90-30 plc. for their series 90-30 plc, they are still using the LM90 programming software and they prefer keeping it that way as long as they are not yet migrating the 2 other plcs. and besides, they are already using the COMM_REQ from the start so i think that they will no longer use the EGD. by the way, "SBKLY" is the plc name given by it's Argentinian creator.

"Why does SBKLY have its Name Server set to itself?"
By this I mean why is the IP address the same for the "Name Server" and the CPU?

sorry for the late reply sir. anyway, the IP address of the SBKLY project and the name server set for the cpu is really not the same. actually, the real IP address is 191.168.10.10 and for the name server is 191.168.10.50. that is just a typographical error due to our client right now is really not that cooperative in giving such information on their system.