Get proccess data from SQL , using WinCC V6.0 !

Hi all !
As I know , WinCC V6.0 work with SQL Server 2000 ! I am making a project that I have to make report . I am using Visual Basic to connect database from SQL !
I want to know what will we get advantages ( about database) from SQL ?

I linked database (Access database) using tool of Visual Basic (Data Environment) and Data Grid to show the data ( IT was OK) . Now , I want to show the proccess data ( in WinCC) . Can I get proccess data (In Tags of WinCC) from SQL ? And how ? Where is my proccess data ( example : Archive , Alarm , value of tag ...) stored in SQL ? And how can I get them ?

Please help me !
Thanks and best regards !
Kiet

i need your help

i was wondering if you may know how to display the data on the grid from the database, i am also using wincc to retrive data from sql server, and i would like to display the queried data on to a data grid

any information on this regard will greatly be apperciated