Give another function to display close button (FactoryTalkView)

bmontero

Hi,
I created a popup with two options. With the first one I only close the popup screen but with the other one I want to close the screen and set an external bit. How can I do that?
I tried with the "Close Display button" but only I can close the display...
Thanks guys :D

Last edited:
There are display control options in the FactoryTrash VBA Object model, but you don't need them.
#1 - Use a regular button.
#2 - Under the Action tab, set the action to "Run Command"
#3 - Under Press Action, use "&Set{MyTag} 1"
#4 - Under Release Action use "Abort Me"
Done

By the way, if you are using machine edition there is no VBA.
You need to be specific when asking for help because ME and SE are quite different. The main similarity is they both suck.

You need to be specific when asking for help because ME and SE are quite different. The main similarity is they both suck.

Yes it's like the 2 teams designing it tried there hardest to make ME and SE as incompatible in as many ways as possible.

Compared to what? I've been using other HMI/Control software. FTView is miles ahead of that one.

Compared to what? I've been using other HMI/Control software. FTView is miles ahead of that one.

Are you really asking? My answer is almost everything is better. If you like FactoryTalk, great. For me, ME is very limited. Running on panelviews is slow, running on a PC isn't much better. SE it's a little better, but still clunky. I just recently setup redundancy using ignition. Took about 20 minutes. That was start to finish. Heck, you probably couldn't load SE software in that time.

So, to better answer, Ignition, indusoft, Wonderware, AdvancedHMI are better, in my opinion. But, that's my opinion.