Hart 1756-IF8H vs 1756SC-IF8H

Where did you get the 1756SC part number from? The 1756 is just the ControlLogix family designation.

The -SC suffix means it was manufactured by Spectrum Controls - sorry to say I can't answer your question though.

It seems 1756SC-IF8H is obsolote, it looks like spectrum controls doesn't supply it anymore since rockwell came out with the 1756-IF8H model.

I´ve been using the 1756SC-IF8H for several years now, never use the one from AB, but a guy from SC told me the other day that they are basically the same but the one from AB has a template designed by AB that makes things easier and you do not have to configure every bit manually like in the past.

RA Answer ID # 46614

The modules are still built by Spectrum Controls, but the ones with the A-B part number are sold and supported by Rockwell Automation. The module profiles and firmware support are built into RSLogix 5000 v16 and later.