1756-IF8H HART Analog In

gmferg

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Anyone have experience using this module they can share? I like the idea of retrieving more data from an input channel than the one being read by 4-20mA. I didn't like reading that the update time for HART information is 10 seconds if all 8 channels are HART enabled.

For example:
We use MicroMotion Mass flowmeters a lot and it would be nice consolidate flow, density, and temperature readings on one channel. It would also be nice to be able to read totalizer value and be able to reset it over HART.

Last edited:
We have some IF8H cards, but we havent done anything but read the PV, SV and TV over HART. In my opinion, a much better solution would be running modbus to the micromotions. We have about 25 micromotions in our plant, and we get sub second updates over modbus to all devices, on one bus. That would be the preferred installation. I can try some messaging via the hart modules when I go back to work in the New Year if need be.