Have I told you how much I love my new PanelView Component C400?

Just finished my 1st Panelview Component....also a C400.

Have done many Panelview Plus apps.

One major beef with the C400.

Whoever thought that numeric entry keypad was good enough must have been drunk. Unless you have fingers the size of pencil erasers it's a PIA.

When you have a small touchscreen you better either use the whole screen for numeric entry or at least give the developer a way to customize it.

Until that is fixed I will not be using another one.

I have 1 PVc600 that has a date of Oct 2012 and its numeric keypad was very small. However we just received a new PVc600 with a date of Oct 2013, and thankfully it seems that the numeric keypad has gotten significantly larger. Its a little more responsive too.

Just finished my 1st Panelview Component....also a C400.

Have done many Panelview Plus apps.

One major beef with the C400.

Whoever thought that numeric entry keypad was good enough must have been drunk. Unless you have fingers the size of pencil erasers it's a PIA.

When you have a small touchscreen you better either use the whole screen for numeric entry or at least give the developer a way to customize it.

Until that is fixed I will not be using another one.

Have you downloaded the firmware 1.8? We also use the C400, and the numeric Keypad is like 4cm x 4cm, easy to acces with fingers. Only if u have the complete alphanumeric Keyboard, then it becomes very small.

Have you downloaded the firmware 1.8? We also use the C400, and the numeric Keypad is like 4cm x 4cm, easy to acces with fingers. Only if u have the complete alphanumeric Keyboard, then it becomes very small.

I am running 1.8.
Attached are some pics.
Is this about the size you are seeing?

PS. With the tiny up arrow on the bottom you can shrink it to the size of a jump drive. Not sure why you would use it though.

IMGA0067.jpg IMGA0068.jpg

Hey,
I have been fighting with PV component T10C with firmware ver.1,60 all day yesterday. I made changes to my application offline using CCW and when it came to running app all went south (NO GO), so i did made changes to my app online using internet browser. Thanks to you guys on PLCS.net now i know that i need to upgrade my HMI to version 1.80 to be able to use CCW. I think i will do upgrade just because the keypad is larger, small keypad is pain in the neck.

I am running 1.8.
Attached are some pics.
Is this about the size you are seeing?

PS. With the tiny up arrow on the bottom you can shrink it to the size of a jump drive. Not sure why you would use it though.

Yes, thats the size im talking about. I think the big size is relatively good to handle with the fingers.

No, i dont user the shrinked keyboard, it really to small. I dont know why the arrow is not hideable, 'cause sometimes insted of the "enter" key, the customers click on the arrow.

Help in Pview component c300 touch

Anybody can help me how to configure c300 download program. I buy already 2711C-CBL-UU02 for USB access.

Can I use CCW software or Pview Component Design station.

Thank you very much.

bigR:book:

I know I'm late on this thread, however, I have used just about all of the HMI's commented on in this line. The best is RED LION, bar none. Easiest to use. Works with just about every PLC on the market WITHOUT addon software or added price...and best of all, FREE programming software. Just about the worst would be Panelview, ever since they started the B.S. with Factory Talk View. HORRID is all I can say about it. This is what happens when you let computer science people control the software.

How you solved the problem tag String ( ST ) in component connected?

We had just finished doing some projects and used the Maples display's. They work great, but now finding out they do not reconize the ST(String) registers that we use in some of our programming. I have actually talked to Maples and you can work around it, but it takes about a page of code compared to just a couple of instructions if we had used the panelview 300 or 600 display. did not find this out until we went to add barcode scanners and feed them into a micrologix 1400 plc. I still lik the Maples HMI display units, but if I ever think I might want to someday use a barcode scanner then I will have to look at using the AB or some other. Anyone else ran into this type of situation when using a non AB product with a AB plc?

Hi I have the same problem when reading a tag ST from a micrologix 1400 , thank you in advance for your support , best regards .