Have I told you how much I love my new PanelView Component C400?

FYI,

the panelview component series is general purpose rated.
thats why its so cheap (no class 1,2,3 ratings).
that caught an oem offguard and cost him the pricer of (2) panelview550 plus labor and materials.

regards,
james

Hello Guys,

i just installed CCW 4 and now its finally posible to validate the Panelview Application in CCW (offline).
Just wanted to tell you :)

Now i'm just waiting for a new firmware for the Component Panels that
fixes some of the anoying things (bugs), and hopefully speeds up a little
bit the panel. Than i'm happy with the C400.

Best regards,
crawler009

Last edited:
Indeed! Once you try the G3, you will never go back... (y)
🍻
-Eric

I just completed a job where I needed to communicate with a CompactLogix controller, so Panelview Component was out of the question.
I decided to follow your advice, so I purchased a G304K2
HMI: Red Lion G304K2
PLC: 1769-L30ERM
There is a problem with the new 2.0 driver because the PLC is relatively new, and it was dropping comms.
I had to use the old Allen-Bradley Native Tags via L5K file 1.04 driver.

Besides that, the little HMI is very cool.
It boots up very fast, and is easy to download.
Smart Duplicate, what a great idea! How does it know?:unsure:
Definitely giving it a thumbs up.(y)
I can't wait to get another project where I can us another one of these.

I just completed a job where I needed to communicate with a CompactLogix controller, so Panelview Component was out of the question.
There is a problem with the new 2.0 driver because the PLC is relatively new, and it was dropping comms.

Besides that, the little HMI is very cool.
It boots up very fast, and is easy to download.
Smart Duplicate, what a great idea! How does it know?:unsure:
Definitely giving it a thumbs up.(y)
I can't wait to get another project where I can us another one of these.

Hello,

Have you contacted us regarding this communications issue with the L5K driver? I would be interested in seeing your database so I can try to reproduce the problem.

Thanks
Jeremy

Hello,
Have you contacted us regarding this communications issue with the L5K driver? I would be interested in seeing your database so I can try to reproduce the problem.
Thanks
Jeremy

Yes, Request (#11093)
The PLC that I am using is relatively new (Allen Bradley CompactLogix L30ERM)
Last I heard Red Lion got the controller in and reproduced the problem.
Stephen said I would be notified when they had a solution, but I haven't heard anything since July.

gbradley, I had a similar sounding issue involving a 1769-L36ERM PLC and a G310 as well as a new Graphite G09 HMI. Not sure what you mean by dropping comms, but both of my HMI would lock up if/when the Ethernet comms were lost.

Red Lion was notified of my issue as well. Just in case you hear something on a solution, I'd appreciate a post or PM. The V1.04 driver worked in my case as well, but I found out that Boolean arrays are not read the same way with this driver as they are in V2.0.

... Not sure what you mean by dropping comms, but both of my HMI would lock up if/when the Ethernet comms were lost...
Yep, that was my problem as well, I found that re-booting the HMI would re-establish comms, but that was not an optimal solution, so I reverted back to the older driver.

I have programmed the component HMI's the PV+ Redlion and Proface
initially the Component was useless and slow to program now it is a lot better.
I agree with the Red Lion - very nice
the Proface is just as good

Yes, Request (#11093)
The PLC that I am using is relatively new (Allen Bradley CompactLogix L30ERM)
Last I heard Red Lion got the controller in and reproduced the problem.
Stephen said I would be notified when they had a solution, but I haven't heard anything since July.

gbradley, I had a similar sounding issue involving a 1769-L36ERM PLC and a G310 as well as a new Graphite G09 HMI. Not sure what you mean by dropping comms, but both of my HMI would lock up if/when the Ethernet comms were lost.

Red Lion was notified of my issue as well. Just in case you hear something on a solution, I'd appreciate a post or PM. The V1.04 driver worked in my case as well, but I found out that Boolean arrays are not read the same way with this driver as they are in V2.0.

Yep, that was my problem as well, I found that re-booting the HMI would re-establish comms, but that was not an optimal solution, so I reverted back to the older driver.

I have talked with Stephen and he should be contacting you. At this time we are trying to reproduce any errors with this driver in house so that we can better address this for you guys.

Thanks
Jeremy

New Crimson 3.0 Gold Build 582.000

I just noticed that there's a new release of Crimson 3.0 software. Can anybody tell me if the aforementioned comm loss issue has been resolved with this version?

Please accept my apologies I've taken this thread too far off course.

I just noticed that there's a new release of Crimson 3.0 software. Can anybody tell me if the aforementioned comm loss issue has been resolved with this version?

Please accept my apologies I've taken this thread too far off course.

This driver hasn't been updated yet. We are still working to duplicate the problem.

Thanks
Jeremy

FYI: It appears as though the latest & greatest build has resolved this issue. See link below for details.

http://www.redlion.net/Support/Downloads/SoftwareLibrary/Crimson30/RevisonHistory.html

P.S. I don't have an HMI unit on hand, so I cannot confirm nor deny the fix.
That's good news!
Now, I have a couple of projects coming up, and I am definitely going with the Red Lion HMI.
Do I rewrite the code using the latest driver, or continue using code that I know works using the 1.04 driver?

Just finished my 1st Panelview Component....also a C400.

Have done many Panelview Plus apps.

One major beef with the C400.

Whoever thought that numeric entry keypad was good enough must have been drunk. Unless you have fingers the size of pencil erasers it's a PIA.

When you have a small touchscreen you better either use the whole screen for numeric entry or at least give the developer a way to customize it.

Until that is fixed I will not be using another one.

I recently had someone spec in AB for a job. I tested out CCW, told them I haven't seem a system that bad in years and then thankfully talked them into using a Do-More with a Red Lion Graphite.

I can't believe that's what AB came up with. They must be sending some kind of message with that trash.