Help with a Logix Designer's module

royalmaster

Hello everyone!

Do you guys know if there is way to configure the module 5094-IB16S on Logix Designer v33.00.01 so its outputs become available for me?
I'm starting to think the documentation of my project is wrong since on the circuit diagram and I/O list are listing some of its inputs as outputs.

I hope I could explain it correctly.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards

-R

My modules are not like yours, but maybe these figures can help you.

first of all thanks a lot for your reply.

So I already did that, but I noticed that one of these INPUT safety blocks are listed with some OUTPUT tags, which is bugging me. I thought it could be something wrong with the documentation or I'm missing some configuration on the block.

Hello everyone!

Do you guys know if there is way to configure the module 5094-IB16S on Logix Designer v33.00.01 so its outputs become available for me?
I'm starting to think the documentation of my project is wrong since on the circuit diagram and I/O list are listing some of its inputs as outputs.

I hope I could explain it correctly.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards

-R

The IB16 is an input card.

I don't see a 5094-IB16S in my list. Is that a safety input card?

The IB16 series don't have outputs at all .. as far as I can see.

Sorry - I saw the last post after I hit send.

The IB16 is an input card.

I don't see a 5094-IB16S in my list. Is that a safety input card?

The IB16 series don't have outputs at all .. as far as I can see.

it is a safety input card.

yeah, that's why I'm so confused on why they put DO's on the circuit diagram in this module

it is a safety input card.

yeah, that's why I'm so confused on why they put DO's on the circuit diagram in this module

If it were me, I would question the designer and find out if they did a typo on the addressing. These things happen.

If it's NOT a typo .. I would question the entire design ... this is kinda basic stuff ... if they don't know this much then what else is not done correctly?

The IB16S does not have standard outputs, but it does have Test Outputs which can be used for short circuit and cross-channel fault detection on the safety inputs.

See page 71 of the manual.

Last edited:
If it were me, I would question the designer and find out if they did a typo on the addressing. These things happen.

If it's NOT a typo .. I would question the entire design ... this is kinda basic stuff ... if they don't know this much then what else is not done correctly?

we have a meeting tomorrow and I'll ask them. Thanks for ur time

The IB16S does not have standard outputs, but it does have Test Outputs which can be used for short circuit and cross-channel fault detection on the safety inputs.

I saw that as well, but I don't think they use it like this in the circuit diagram. they are declaring tags as outputs on the I/O list for example

I've not used those exact safety modules, but on every other AB safety module I've used, unused test pulses can be reconfigured and used as digital outputs. The most commonly demonstrated example is to turn on a muting warning lamp for a light curtain, but ultimately, if it's not being used for a test pulse, you can just use it as a standard non-safety output to do whatever you want.

Might be handy in instances where you have a remote safety I/O bank, and also want to flash a couple of lights here and there, but don't want to spring for a whole digital output module. Use the hardware you've got!