help with fanuc 18i parameter list

bob1371

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello
I am trying to find out what parameter I need to enable use of the real time clock for macro programming. The machine is a Muratec MS6 Lathe with fanuc 18i control.
Thanks,
Bob

I know this is a little out of Plc area, sorry.

CNC people are here also ;)

I don't think you need to chage parameter to use real time
In macro use variable #3011 and #3012

#3011 This variable can be used to read the current date (year/month/day). Year/month/day information is converted to an apparent decimal number. For example, September 28, 1994 is represented as 19940928.
#3012 This variable can be used to read the current time (hours/minutes/seconds). Hours/minutes/seconds information is converted to an apparent decimal number. For example, 34 minutes
and 56 seconds after 3 p.m. is represented as 153456.

Do you need a manual?I have PDFs

Contr_Conn
i am veruy happy to know that ther are also a CNC experts in this wondarfull site.I am dealing with PLC years ago but i am a new comer to CNC i am going to us GEFANUC 16i/18i .if you could sendme the pdf's for the manuals you have it will be very helpful to me .
Tis is my e-mail :site:

beerchug

Bob1371,
Call me if you need more info, PM me and I'll give you my phone, I am in the US on EST

hesham, check your mail

I have a lot of Fanuc PDFs, they are really large files. Little outdated, but still a good source.

Really I am not a big expert with Fanuc anymore - I did not use it for a 2 years.
Few years ago I built few huge custom machines (8 axis) with Fanuc 16i
I also familiar with Mitsubishi 635L CNC.
But my real expertise is in Indramat MTC200/MTCNC - feel free to ask.

Yes, I did work for Masco for 10 years.
Monday was a year since Masco closed doors, I was the last EE there

Last edited:
It is a shame the number of machine builders that have gone under in the last couple of years.

I looked at the last machine Masco did for the company in Indiana. Based on what I learned there, I put together a few comments that you made to guess that you worked there.

Yes, I wrote initial program for this machine: 32 axis, 7 processes running from one control - monster.
It was never finished - Masco was in real hurry to lay me off.

Great Thanks

Contr_Conn
Thank you very much i received your e-mail.it is really huge but i start to read it .I wonder if you have something could help in hardware configuration and also the manuals for turnning
OEM,USER,programming
thx

hesham
normal set of Fanuc CNC manuals for one control is 15-20 books:
hardware manual for each device: CNC, Servo, Spindle, encoders
parameter manual for CNC, Servo, Spindle
parameters- function manual (2 books)
operator set of manuals,
PLC ladder set of books
Maintenance manuals

For each package manuals are different, they have variety of controls, drives etc.

CD I have contains a few hundres PDFs, I don't really know fles you need.

The best will be to get Fanuc CD called "InfoLink": it is like $100 subscription from Fanuc.
It gives you all current manuals.
Also my local Fanuc guy gave me older versions for free - it may be good for you also - ask for it.

Thanks for all the replies. I have been able to use the macro program options and #3012 on several of the machines with great results, however I still have 3 lathes that I cannot get to the macro's. I was told a parameter had to be enable to allow use of the macro variables. If anyone has this information It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

bob1371:
As far as I know:
Custom macro is an option, that have to be purchased and activated by Fanuc.
Looks like machine manufaturer saved some money and did not buy it.

Price list (2 years old) shows:
Custom Macro: $1996 list
Additional Macro Variables: $599 list

This is for each machine :rolleyes:

For options OEM discount somethere .75-.85, so do your math.

Technically it is a protected bit, that Fanuc can set to activate it.

To verify this, call fanuc 1-800 nimber and ask them to check if you have this option or not.
Have your parameters saved and printed before you call.

Last edited:
Contr

Thanks for the info. I figured that is what I was facing. I have modified 8 machines so far. I will check on pricing and pass this info onto the higher ups and will then be ask to come up with another plan. banghead

Thanks again

Bob

Your another option may be to do the same in the ladder and pass data over gateway variable to the part program.
I did this before, ladder is more powerfull than macro.