Honeywell light curtain controller

unsaint33

We have a Honeywell safety relay (FF-SRL6025) that is not working once in a while. The relay always resets automatically when the light curtain inputs are clear. Once in a while, after the reset, I have no voltage at the terminal 24 even though there is voltage at 14. When this happens both K1 & K2 indicators are on. However, when I jumper 14 and 24 momentarily, I get voltage at 24, and everything works again.

FF-SRL6025 is a discontinued part and nobody sells it anymore. Any input on what is wrong with the controller would be appreciated.

LC_controller.jpg

Last edited:
It's not light curtain controller, it is safety relay and there are many models from different producers that you can use instead of this one. Judging by your explanation either you have problems with supply on terminal 23, or you have malfunctioned safety relay.

Last edited:
Try to move from "faulty" 23-24, auxiliary contacts to 33-34 if they are not used, or you can use additional auxiliary relay with two contacts and replicate schematics.

I have had issues like this many times, Very often it is dry joints on the terminal connections to the board or the Positive Guided relays also having dry joints where they are soldered to the board.
In a number of cases I had, it turned out to be a heavy handed engineer trying to tighten the terminals too much cracking the solder joints or heat generated internally causing the relay solder joints cracking.

Look at your auto reset wiring...common practice is to run thru N.C. contacts of K1 and K2. This means that reset is enabled only when these two relays are de-energized. It may be a set of contacts sticking. Try changing the relays....