How do I create an Array in FT View Studio (From RSLogix 500Pro)

PeteB

Good day,
I am connecting a PV+1000 to a 5/04 and need to setup alarms on the PV. How do I create an array for the alarms, N70/N71, in FT View Studio 5.0? I also need to setup acknowledges for all the alarme, sent back to the PLC to N76/78.
Thanks,
Pete:site:

Are you setting up the triggers in the alarm setup?
What is the trigger setup as?
How many words are you scanning in your N70/71 files?

For example, if I setup my alarm trigger type to bit...

All of the alarm bits are in N70:0/0 - N70:9/15 the single trigger that I would need would be:

{::[PLCTOPIC]N70:0,L10}

L10 designates the array length, you just need to tell it where to start.

A second trigger would be needed to cover N71.

Alarms with the PV+ can get confusing..

Thanks for the help. I will have 30-40 alarms it when the program is finished. After reading the help info, I believe that I can set an array, however long, in PV. Then, put the alarm messages to e displayed, in the correct location, in the array.
If this is true, all I should have to do is setup an array, starting at N70, and the array length. Will this go through N71, N72, if the alarm bits in the PLS go that far? As well, do I have to set the length to the Byte? I also need to send an acknowledge, for every alarm.

Grateful for the help,
Pete

Well if you only need 30 - 40 alarms just use words N70:0, N70:1, N70:2.

Each word has 16 bits, so you can have 16 alarms in each word. So if you designate N70:0,L3 as the trigger bits N70:0/0 - N70:2/15 are covered, totalling 48 possible alarms.

Now, the acknowledge is the tricky part. The PV+ can display alarms with the following status:
Active/Unacknowledged
Active/Acknowledged
Inactive/Unacknowledged
Inactive/Acknowledged

Active/Inactive is controlled by the alarm bit from the PLC.
Acknowledge/Unacknowledged is tracked internally by the PanelView. It can send the BIT POSTION within your N70 array of the alarm you just acknowledged to the PLC (if you have the alarm trigger type setup for BIT). You must put code in your PLC to look at the returned bit postion to acknowledge the alarm in the PLC.

Bit positions would start at 1 which would correlate to the alarm bit N70:0/0, 2 would correlate to N70::0/1, 3 N70:0/2.........

Making sense?

As of now, I have set, “{::[N7_70_0]N70:0,L4}” (N7_70_0 is the tag name referencing N70 in the PLC). In PV, in alarms setup, on the “Messages” tab, I have all my alarms listed in the messages column and 1 through 31 in the “Trigger value” column. In the “Trigger” column, do I only put the N7_70_0 “{::[N7_70_0]N70:0,L4}” in the first row? Or is it needed in all rows.
As for the acknowledges, In the PLC program, do I need to set bit N7:70/0 as the alarm and N7:70/1 as the acknowledge bit returned? Or can I set a different array for the acknowledges?
Thanks,
Pete

As of now, I have set, “{::[N7_70_0]N70:0,L4}” (N7_70_0 is the tag name referencing N70 in the PLC). In PV, in alarms setup, on the “Messages” tab, I have all my alarms listed in the messages column and 1 through 31 in the “Trigger value” column. In the “Trigger” column, do I only put the N7_70_0 “{::[N7_70_0]N70:0,L4}” in the first row? Or is it needed in all rows.

Needed in ALL rows.

As for the acknowledges, In the PLC program, do I need to set bit N7:70/0 as the alarm and N7:70/1 as the acknowledge bit returned? Or can I set a different array for the acknowledges?
Thanks,
Pete

Under the "Trigger" tab you have an "Ack" row, you need to specify the PLC memory location for the acknowledge bit position value from the PV+ to reside. Put ::[N7_70_0]N70:5}
in the "tag or expression" field.

Now in the PLC you need to do an equal statement. If N70:5 = 1, then Alarm 1 has been acknowledged, if N70:5 = 2 then Alarm 2 has been acknowledged.......

I would use N71 for my acknowledge bits. So N71:0/0 = Alarm 1 Acknowledge Bit, N71:0/1 = Alarm 2 Acknowledge Bit.....

Last edited: