How do you enable forces in SLC 500 ( RS LOGIX 500 ) ?

Cydog

Good Evening ,

I should know this . How do you force inputs and outputs in a SLC 500 ? On
Top right it says Forces Disabled . The drop down does nothing .

Thanks so much in advance

First, you should make sure the i/o you want forced on, is indeed forced on.

Then, you have to hit the drop down next to "force disabled", and click "enable forces".

Are you in remote run mode also? I'm unsure if you can force while in "run" only mode.

Yes. It is in remote run. I have an output selected . But the upper left , white dropdown , will not dropdown to select .

You can't enable forces until you first have forces present. In the SLC, you select a point to force from the data table or from the ladder window and apply the force. Then the indicator for forces should change from "no forces" to "forces present". At that point, you should be able to click the drop down arrow and select "enable forces". In some Micrologix, forces are always enabled, so this 2nd step is not necessary nor available.