I have a PanelView Plus, possible to show historical data?

plctek

If I have a PanelView Plus, is it possible to show historical data via historian on it?

I have the application all setup in FT Studio Machine Edition, ME, but there doesnt seem to be an option to add a historian like there is in SE

More than likely, your PanelView Plus is just visualization for a PLC.

You would configure Historian to collect the data from the PLC, not the PanelView Plus.

More than likely, your PanelView Plus is just visualization for a PLC.

You would configure Historian to collect the data from the PLC, not the PanelView Plus.

The PanelView Plus likely serves as a visualization interface for a PLC. For data collection, configure Historian to gather information directly from the PLC, not the PanelView Plus.

I assume you want the historian for showing data in a trend.

FactoryTalk View ME / PanelView Plus doesn't support a historian. They have a "Data Log" function that is used for trending. It is not on par with an actual historian but for trending purposes it does an OK job. Unlike SE though you can only have one Data Log Model. So you can't turn it on and off and start and stop different models as needed. There is one model and it would run all the time.

OG