IDEC PLC to PLC modbus communication

Voltimus

Apologies for not being the best IDEC programmer. I recently was doing some inspections on a site that had 3 FC6A IDEC processors. The issue is that some of the shutdown instrumentation is only wired up to one of the PLCs. So, I'm trying to poll the main PLC from another FC6A and believe that I did it correctly, but I'm not getting any 1s where I'm supposed to be getting the 1s. Instead getting a 0. I checked the error register and I'm getting a zero as well. Looking through the IDEC comms manual I'm not seeing that particular error code (I probably missed it, somewhere). My main question is, I set up the peripheral PLC to poll a particular tag from the main PLC and place it in the tag in the peripheral PLC. Do I need to make any changes to the Main PLC connection settings to complete communications or am I fine with just setting up the client in the peripheral to poll from the Main?
See file:

Attachments

• Modbus.jpg
    Modbus.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 11