Install a WW intouch client

rbz

I am installing a ww intouch 10.1. I already install the server. Now I need to install the clients. Does any one knows the steps I must do to make the installation of the clients?

Thanks in advance

Are you saying that you have installed the Galaxy Repository / System Platform 3.0 / App Server and now you want to install the InTouch 10.1 client and connect to the GR ?

It's not simple. It's not intuitive for the first time user. Even myself with many years of WW experience had some one come in and install install/setup a simple system. I'm glad they did because it's unlike anything I've ever dealt with.

Is this the same install as the previous thread about the upgrade ?

What Server you have installed and what Client(s) do you want to install.

For a stand alone InTouch 10.1 system it's just the InTouch itself and I/O server.

do you want to do a view app? basically it just uses suitelink or dde to communicate back and forth between the pc that is doing the polling.

Yes, a view node. I´ve read that the only thing that I need to do is activate the enable network development application option in node properties in the application manager. I am not sure if this is the only thing I have to do.

Dave

Is the same installation of a previous thread about an upgrade from v6.0b to v10.1. What I meant to stand alone is that no GR, platform, etc. is needed, only 1 intouch server and 3 view clients. I already upgrade the server, I am working on the clients.

Yes, a view node. I´ve read that the only thing that I need to do is activate the enable network development application option in node properties in the application manager. I am not sure if this is the only thing I have to do.

Just so we don't go down the wrong path:

Are you meaning that the Server has only the I/O server and the View PC has InTouch installed using NetDDE or SuiteLink to transfer the data, or that you are using Terminal Services and thin clients or something else completely different?

I ask because we need a good definition of exactly what software you want to run on your "Server" and "Client" as there are many ways to call something client/server.

Upon further thought, you may be doing a Distributed application. Bring up the Window Maker Help file and search for NAD. You would also want, IIRC, in the App Manager, get the Node Properties and select options there.

Dave

The server has the I/O server, the other 3 clients in the 6.0b ver had configured the access names, addresed to the server. I think the architecture that the customer had of the ver 6.0b was client-server only for the I/O server, the server and the 3 clients have the same screens and the same tags. For the 10.1 version, I already made the node properties configuration for NAD only for the view client, but I haven´t test it yet. Do I need to make another special configuration in the view node? How do the view node knows the name of the server?

RBZ: There are a couple of ways to configure and use a NAD type of system. And with version 10 there are some specific rules, like in Window Maker/View only 'Galaxy' is the allowed Access Name.

As I mentioned before, bring up the WM Help and search for NAD and all the items there will give you more information. I don't know if there is a .pdf ebook about this as I don't have them all installed.

I would suggest you make the new system just like the old, with the I/O server on one node and View on the others. Forget about the new NAD type and all it's configuration needs. That is the simplest way.