kepware v3.2 factorytalk with new panelview 6's

bcard519

I work at a dairy plant that is a little behind the times.
We are still running part of the plant on modicon, and part on AB.
Are HMI's are panelviews with kepware running so we can display modicon values on the panelviews. This worked great for years, but now with the model 6 panelviews (LED backlight) and the new startrek logic modules, kepware v3.2 no longer work on the new panelviews.

Does anyone know of a way to get factory talk v3.2 screens to work on the fancy new panelviews?

Thanks

Brandon

Those must not be CE panels because KEPServerEX 3.2 would not have run on it. Unfortunately that server version has been obsoleted for more that 10 years so you cannot even get new licenses for it and there is no upgrade path from it to a newer version of the server. I am not even sure that the tools and libraries that are used in it will run on newer operating systems.

Are you getting any kinds of error messages that would help us in determining what is happening.

Let me clarify a little. We are running KepServerEnterprise v4.500.462.
Everything works on the Panelview Plus, this issue occurs when we try to load existing factorytalk configuration on the the panelview plus 6's.

Anything with a runtime below 6, doesn't seem to work on the plus 6.
Anything with a runtime 6 and above, doesn't seem to run on the panelview plus.

Is there a way to get existing (runtime below 6).mer files to work on the panelview plus 6's?

Thanks

The Enterprise versions are compiled to target specific processors and CE versions. You would have to take the project that was created originally on the V4.500 version and load it into the new enterprise version and then load it ot the new panel view. You will have to do the same with the factory talk view project and create a new mer file. There is know way around it that I am aware of.

Keep in mind that I work for Kepware not Rockwell so I am much more knowledgeable about how it works.