l can not get communication with micrologix 1000 plc.

My new desktop didn't come with a serial port, which I didn't realize until I tried to connect to it. I hesitated to buy a USB-Serial adapter because I have one for my laptop & frequently have issues with it.

Then, when I was stripping an old panel, I got an Ethernet-Serial adapter (Moxa), took it home, downloaded the software from Moxa & it has works flawlessly, Device Manager see's it as a built-in serial port, autoconfigure works every time I connect to a new DF1 PLC, all software works with it, never had an issue with it.

If I ever need another serial port I would definitely go the Ethernet route again, and am thinking about getting one to carry around with the laptop.

Lets start by seeing what USB to Serial adapter you are using. Can we have the part number / model number and type for this usb to serial adapter. I have had driver issues come up when trying to get these pesky things working where the adapter is recognized and you can see the com ports but it isn't working properly. We will get your usb to serial adapter working first and then work on communication with the micrologix.

Jamal,

Apologies. I did not see your last post until today. Did you get this sorted yet? If you are still struggling...

Saudi jamal said:
...Before I couldn't see Com port no.but today I see com port numbers. Like com10...

I may be mistaken, but this sounds like you are referring to the COM port selection for the DF1 driver in RSLinx Classic?

If you are now seeing available COM port numbers higher than the original COM1-4, like the COM10 you've mentioned, then you must have installed "something" that uses that COM port number. This COM10 may possibly be your USB-Serial adapter, but you still need to be sure.

Again. Just picking COM port numbers from the driver list is not the way to go. If you think you have successfully installed the driver files for your adapter, then look for it under Ports in the Windows Device Manager. If you can see it there with something like (COM10) in brackets beside it then you can be sure you are selecting the correct COM port number for the DF1 driver.

Saudi jamal said:
...Baud rate 9600,device :slc-cho/Micro/panel view. Station no. 00, Parity:none, Error checking :bcc,Stops bits: 1, Protocol :Full Duplex...

Firejo said:
...The default port setting for DF1 on a MicroLogix 1000 is full duplex at 19.2kbaud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity and CRC error checking...

If you'll notice, you have two differences between your driver configuration and Firejo's. You are both nearly there. I have already posted the default settings for your Series E MicroLogix 1000 using the DF1 Full Duplex protocol. Here they are again...

9600 baud
Node Address 1
No Parity
1 Stop Bit
CRC Error Detection

This is what you should set the DF1 Full Duplex driver to. Change error checking from BCC to CRC.

Firejo,

You may have been thinking of the DH-485 driver which has a default of 19,200 baud rate?

Saudi jamal said:
...Auto configure:TESTING MODE:BCC.
Now my question why auto configuration not successful and it is continue showing
Testing mode:Bcc.
Kindly guide me how to get auto configure successful...

Forget about Autoconfigure. As mentioned, it may or may not work. Either way you do not need to get it working in order to establish proper communications.

If you have...

A suitable USB-Serial adapter.
Have set the correct COM port number for it under the driver.
Have the driver configured correctly and running without any conflicts.
Have a 1761-CBL-PM02 cable connected between the adapter and the controller.

...Then you should be able to browse to it in RSLinx Classic.

I hope you already have it sorted. If not, then I hope the above helps in some way.

Regards,
George