L32E and Controlflash Plus Problem

Duranthas

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a 1769-L32E "A" model that I am trying to flash from v19 to v20. When using Controlflash Plus, I am logged into the Download Center and I correctly select that I want the latest firmware from the download center. After it downloads and I get all that squared away, when I go to actually install the firmware I get the error "Revision downloaded is not compatible with this device's hardware series. Choose a revision that is compatible." So to make sure everything is kosher, I went under the manage firmware tab, deleted the 1769-L32E firmware, then re-downloaded the firmware from Rockwell. I tried direct download and managed download, but each time I get the same error. Rockwell won't let me download any v20 below 20.19 and for some reason it believes the v20.19 is incompatible with my processor. Has anyone else ran into this?

Interestingly enough, if I use RSLogix 5000, and go to Communications/Who Active/ and select the processor then click Update Firmware, I can browse to the 20.19 "A" dmk I downloaded from Rockwell. It just seems odd that I can't do that with Controlflash Plus and I kind of want to understand why.

Thanks