Logix5000 Add-On to replace a SBR

mwhi859716

I will be using RS-Logix5000 software ver. 17. I have defined an Add-On instruction giving it a name of Valve_MOV.I want to replace a parameterized subroutine that passes data. When I go to use it in the main body of my program I would like it to write to a unique tagname of UDT type "valve".When I go to use the Add-On in the main body of the program I will give it a name...say "valve101". I would like the tagname "valve101" to not only define that occurence of the Add-On instruction but also be the tagname that holds the results of the execution of the Add-On instruction. I know I can alias in the Add-On instruction. Will I need to use aliasing and then write the results from my alias into my UDT of type "valve"? It seems to me I have two tagnames associated with the Add-On, one of type "Valve_Mov" and the other of UDT type "valve". So with every use of my Add-On instruction will I need two tags one to define the Add Can someone clear my confusion?

This is what I just tried:

1. Create a UDT (UDT1) of the info type the AOI will handle

2. Create the basic AOI. (AOI1) It will accept a tag of type UDT1 as an In/Out parameter

3. Create a UDT (UDT2) whose members are type UDT1 and type AOI1

4. Create a tag of type UDT2 with the name you want (eg "Valvexx")

5. Invoke the AOI. The AOI tag will be the AOI member of the tag created in 4. The Argument will be the UDT1 type member of that same tag.

it's a lot but you end up with a coordinated AOI and data.

Also look at RA PlantPAX. They have created many device types such as motors, valves, atc. using add-on instructions.