MACO 8000 Control

WireGuy1950

I have a request to retrofit an injection machine with new controls.

The existing machine has MACO 8000 controls, I have schematics which seem simple enough, but I would like to know how this control operates so I can quote a compatable or better system.

I Googled it but could find no specifics on the operation, and of course I don't have the program.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

Does the machine have proportionally controlled hydraulics? It's easier, IMO, to do this if the machine has regular on/off valves. I've upgraded some old relay logic injection molding machines with a SLC 500 and a touch screen. If you need proportional control of the hydraulics, then the AB Pro-Set package may be a way to go. If I remember right, it has some canned software that handles the injection ramps and the like.