Message from 5/04 to Controllogix L61

Well, so there actually are product name strings within the SLC/PV system.
Look into the Data Files folder of the RSLogix 500 application file; are there any ST:x data files?
If not, they are probably stored on the HMI terminal as HMI Memory Tags.
You could "retrieve" these and then MSG to the CLX system or try following Ken's path; I tend to literally believe an instruction's description instead of testing it first...o_O

"The DTOS instruction produces the ASCII representation of a value."

...I would've stated more like :...transforms DINT, INT, REAL values into a String...:rolleyes:

Sorry about that screenshot; it looked good in PNG format but I guess pictures get converted to JPG and thus blurred when you attach them. I've zipped a bitmap version and attached it to this post.

The logic, if you can read it, works with the values you posted.

Those data values get swapped in HIGH/LOW order by the Swap Bytes (SWPB) instruction, then moved as a block into the String.DATA[x] portion of a ControlLogix string.

Well, so there actually are product name strings within the SLC/PV system.
Look into the Data Files folder of the RSLogix 500 application file; are there any ST:x data files?
If not, they are probably stored on the HMI terminal as HMI Memory Tags.
You could "retrieve" these and then MSG to the CLX system or try following Ken's path; I tend to literally believe an instruction's description instead of testing it first...o_O

"The DTOS instruction produces the ASCII representation of a value."

...I would've stated more like :...transforms DINT, INT, REAL values into a String...:rolleyes:

There are no string (ST) files in this system. It looks to me like everything is done with the N files. I will probably not get a chance to play with Ken's suggestion until tomorrow, yup working another Saturday. YIPEEEEEEEEE. I really appereciate all the help and I am again amazed at the level of expertise on this site. Thanks again.