Micro820 and CCW fail to load

luisd77

hey guys, so I've been stuck for a couple of days trying to connect to a Micro820 version 12 using CCW version 12. I see the IP using "Discover" and I can ping it. But when I connect, CCW automatically tries to upload and it fails. The error is "The file is either corrupted or has an invalid format." So I called AB and they said the project in the 820 is corrupted and has to be replaced. So, I tried connecting and uploading from 3 other working 820 and I get the same error. I've watch a bunch of videos on how to do this and everything appears to be pretty straight forward. I have to be missing something. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Sounds like you are out of luck if you don't have an offline copy of the project that is not corrupt. KB BF28169, Access Levels: Everyone:

Solution:
There is no way of connecting to this PLC without an offline copy of the project. Get an offline copy of the project and redownload it to the controller

If you have a good offline copy of the project, then you need to re-download it to the PLC.

I don't work too much with the Micro800s, but that's the type of error I'd expect if the version in the controller was not really 12.

@KirkC, you are right. The version of the 820 is 11. Not 12. I fat_fingered my initial post. CCW will tell you when there is a mismatch between the version selected when creating the project and the version on the 820.

Sounds like you are out of luck if you don't have an offline copy of the project that is not corrupt. KB BF28169, Access Levels: Everyone:

Solution:
There is no way of connecting to this PLC without an offline copy of the project. Get an offline copy of the project and redownload it to the controller

If you have a good offline copy of the project, then you need to re-download it to the PLC.
Yes, I have 15 Micro820s at this location and tried connecting to 3 known good ones and I still get the same error. Your reply is the exact same answer Rockwell has in their support page for this question.

Yes, I have 15 Micro820s at this location and tried connecting to 3 known good ones and I still get the same error. Your reply is the exact same answer Rockwell has in their support page for this question.
Luisd77 did you ever get this issue resolved