Micrologix 1100 Communication Problem.

Can you reconfigure the router so that its LAN IP address is anything but 192.168.1.1 ? That's usually a very easy bit of configuration.

Another alternative is to connect your computer directly to the MicroLogix 1100 over hardwired Ethernet. You'll have to manually set the computer up for a fixed IP address, and disable the WiFi adapter.

It sounds like you're aware of how to determine the correct COM port number, then.

The DF1 Full Duplex driver is the one you want. Don't rely on the "Autoconfigure" feature; if the DCOMM feature has been turned on, the MicroLogix 1100 is set for DF1 Full Duplex, 19200 baud, 8 data bits, no parity, CRC error checking.

All you have to do to the DF1 Full Duplex driver is set it up for 'PLC/SLC/MicroLogix Channel 0" as the Device Type.

Can you reconfigure the router so that its LAN IP address is anything but 192.168.1.1 ? That's usually a very easy bit of configuration.

Another alternative is to connect your computer directly to the MicroLogix 1100 over hardwired Ethernet. You'll have to manually set the computer up for a fixed IP address, and disable the WiFi adapter.

I will give all of your advise a try and report back. Thanks a lot everybody for your inputs.

I will give all of your advise a try and report back. Thanks a lot everybody for your inputs.

First of all, I want to thank all of you for your thoughts and suggestions especially, Ken, who spent all evening yesterday trying to help me get my communication problem fixed.

I changed my router's ip address this morning and physically connected the ML1100 processor to the router and through my Windows 7 64 bit computer quickly established communication with the processor.

I then replaced the Windows 7 computer with the Windows 8 64 bit Laptop and with the processor still physically connected to the router I was able to establish communication once again and went online without issues.

In my quest to find out what my problem might have been yesterday, I went remotely with the Laptop and processor again but could not connect to the processor. Thanks all.