Micrologix RS232 Voltage Swing

alphav

Supporting Member
Hello,
I am trying to connect my PLC to a Crystalfontz LCD module
What is the RS232 Voltage swing for a Micrologix 1400, or any Micrologix for that matter?
Thanks,
gerrysc

Thanks for the reply.
Since the Micrologix is using a 24VDC supply, can I assume that the voltage swing will be about +/- 12V ?

If your Crystalfontz LCD module has an RS232 interface, then just connect it up....

If however, your Crystalfontz LCD module has a "Logic Level Serial" interface, you will need to convert the RS232 level signals to "TTL Level" of 0 to +5V. You might even need to invert the signal as well.

Best bet is to use a module with an RS232 interface...

What part number is your Crystalfontz LCD module ??

The Crystalfontz part number is CFA533-YYH-KS.
I know that they have models using RS232 0-5V (TTL logic), but this one should have
RS232 full voltage swing.
Thanks,
gerrysc

I concur, that model number has an RS232 interface that will connect directly to the MicroLogix RS232 port....