Mitsubishi Addressing

tomhelliwell

Hi im a newbie at Mitsubishi and im struggling with a project Im using GX IEC Developer 7.03. I have a mitsi Q02 CPU with the following modules:
3 x analogue O/P (Q64AD)
2 x analogue I/P (Q31DAN)
2 x Digi I/P (QX80)
2 x Digi O/P (QY10)

If i want to turn a digi output on how would i address this? say if it was the 5th card along and i wanted to turn on the 4th O/P?

The help file doesn't seem to help me i have tried pretty much every variation of %Q0.5.4 but no joy.

Thanks in advance.
Tom

3 x analogue O/P (Q64AD)
2 x analogue I/P (Q31DAN)
2 x Digi I/P (QX80)
2 x Digi O/P (QY10)

if the analog outputs are the first 3 cards then the cards are addressed starting 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
so analog output card 1 is 0
QX80 being the 5 & 6 would be Q20.0, Q20.1 ..Q20.7 Q21.0 etc.
However I believe that the analog cards are 32 bit so these take up 2 slots card 0 i.e. I0.0 to I3.7 so slot 1
then card 2 starts at I 4.0 to I7.7
I suggest you use the dig in & out cards in the first slots then the analogs & any special modules
I think this is right it's been a long day

Start GX-developer and start a new project, under project display window select [parameters] then select [PLC parameters] then select
[I/O assignment]fill in the table for each rack slot. define the slots as eg. slot 0 - "Intelli" - "Q64AD" - "16point" - "0000"
slot 1 - "Intelli" - "Q64AD" - "16point" - "0010"
slot 2 - "Input" - "QX80" - "16point" - "0020"
Q64AD is actually an analog to digit module (analog input not output)

Don't forget that the addresses is written not like Siemens "Q10.0","I1.1" etc.
Mitsubishis outputs are written "Y10" and inputs "X1"

Start GX-developer and start a new project, under project display window select [parameters] then select [PLC parameters] then select
[I/O assignment]fill in the table for each rack slot. define the slots as eg. slot 0 - "Intelli" - "Q64AD" - "16point" - "0000"
slot 1 - "Intelli" - "Q64AD" - "16point" - "0010"
slot 2 - "Input" - "QX80" - "16point" - "0020"
Q64AD is actually an analog to digit module (analog input not output)

I have done as you mentioned but did not find analog module in module configuration tab ....i am using FX 3g cpu.
It only shows ethernet module.please tell me how can i read values from analog module placed at just right side of plc CPU

analog module.jpg

The FX looks like it has less options than the Q. I have posted a screenshot of how I managed to address the Analogue Inputs

so may I consider that there is no option for managing analog input in FX series??
and I have to read it through buffer register of fx analog module.

I would try to read it without configuring it.

So try going online looking at the following addresses:

Ua\G1b = Where a=slot b=input

eg like the screenshot above
U0\G11 = Slot 0 input 1

U4\G14 = Slot 4 input 4

change the input and see if the value changes

Use the TO instruction to set up the card you can find the manual on the mitsubishi automation website, Use the from instruction to read the analog inputs back then create a scaler function i.e. raw 0 raw span scaled 0 scaled span (this you will have to create yourself). the link is:
https://my.mitsubishi-automation.com/downloads_show.php?portal_id=3&doc_type=man&slang=2&sstr=FX3
It will depend on which analog modules you are using as the older FX2N are still a current product like FX2N- 4AD and can be used with the FX3 range.

I have write the attached code for reading analog ch1 of FX2n-AD in GX IEC please verify it.will these K's M's will work with GX IEC developer.The above GX developer code is from manual.Will these K"constant declaration| work with GX IEC developer also ?