Modicon CPU 113 03 Communication??

D18

Hi, we have a PLC, CPU 113 03 and we're having
trouble communicating to it via Proworx32.
I'm not sure of any com configurations from
the previous people in this position, we have
basically been left to figure it out on our own.

We are attempting to connect through the Modbus
DB9 connector, is this just straight RS-232 protocol,
and what cabling is required to establish a connection.
We have a MBP USB to serial converter box, as well as
a generic USB to Serial converter at our disposal.
We just can't seem to get anywhere.

Thanks,

T

They use both, I know if you don't have them connected then the cable will not work. You can get by not using pin 1&9 but all others must be used. If you build a cable pinned out like the diagram in my last post it will work. Against I'm not familiar with Proworx 32 but in concept you go into your unitelway drivers to set the port, baud, etc.