MP270B ethernet trouble

wanrover

I posted this over at siemens support forum.

---------------------------------

I ’m building three identical machines. These machines are each set up with Multi Panel MP270B Touch-10 TFT (6AV6 545-0AG10-0AX0) , CPU 315-2 PN/DP (6ES7 315-2EG10-0AB0 / V2.3) and a Scalance X005 ethernet switch. The X005 switches is connected to a higher level Scalance X-208 switch.

The problem is that only one of the multipanels is willing to talk through its X005 switch, the other two panels refuse. If I connect them to their switch, both lights on the ethernet interface lights up and stay on. If I exchanges on of the non working switches with the working one the problem don’t move, if I exchanges one of the non working panels with the working one the problem moves. So I think the problem lies in the panels. If I connect

the non working panels directly to my lab-top I can communicate with them through the Ethernet interface, so the interface have to be in order.

Serial numbers on the panels is:

C-TDF10017 working

C-TDF09977 not working

C-TDF10007 not working

Best regards

Geir

Have you set different IP addresses ?

Are the IP adresses in the same subnet ?
I.e. 192.068.0.3 ... 192.068.0.4 ... 192.068.0.5 etc.

Is everything integrated into one STEP7 project ?
If you have an integrated project in STEP7 with the PLC and all 3 panels then STEP7 will take care that no simple errors are made in the configuration.

Hi Jesper.

Yes all panels are on the same subnet and have different ip's.
And yes everything is integrated in one step 7 project.

Just tried to connect the non working panels directly to the X-208 switch and then they work fine. So the problem must lie in some sort of incompatibility between these panels and the X005 switch.