Need help with for/rev. motor control logic

okie, we use it for bulk fill so dont really need loadcells. We have other similar machines they got loadcells.
we use it for stonefruit and citrus.
And they head fills one bin at a time and once the bin is full it will move to other side.
How long it takes to fill a bin depends on the amount of fruit they feed in.

yes i see them there just not on the ladder view. o ise you attached the commets to file 0 not file 2

Last edited:
sorry must have been typing while you posted it try right clicking on each rung and edit comment so that you think about each rung as you comment on it if this is not how you did it. it helps you in seeing what your are trying to do in that rung

Last edited:
ok lets w rung 5 and break it down "System safe is on. Machine in auto mode, left bin is placed , filler is up , left head prox is closed.
Head Left motor turns on. " is left bin ls what tells you there is a bin in place on the left side. does not head left prox tell you that the filler heah is not above the left bin?or does the filler l limit sw?

There s ls on bottom that tells it that a bin is it place. I got labeled as Left bin ls and Right bin ls. Left head prox and right head prox are what tells it what side is the filler heas on.

if it were me i would dohis all diff. i would have the bin in place ls set a load bin left in progress bit. [this would latch out the load bin right in progress until the whole move and fill operation was complete]nexti woujd check to see if head was up and if not move the head up seting a head up bit tnen i would use these bits to move motor left and set a motor in pos. bit then i would move head down and fill after bin was full resetin progress and start the process for the right side. do you get the concept?

I see four or five states minimum...
Idle, Move Left, Move Right, Fill Left, Fill Right, Fault Failed to Shift Left, Fault Failed to Shift Right, Fault Spare 1...

;)

...I downloaded RSLogix500 Micro Starter Lite, RSLinx, and Emulate, but I am watching the fights...if I get bored tomorrow, I will whip you up a state engine that I think you will like.

I see four or five states minimum...
Idle, Move Left, Move Right, Fill Left, Fill Right, Fault Failed to Shift Left, Fault Failed to Shift Right, Fault Spare 1...

;)

...I downloaded RSLogix500 Micro Starter Lite, RSLinx, and Emulate, but I am watching the fights...if I get bored tomorrow, I will whip you up a state engine that I think you will like.

Mr. Electrician,

Please explain the function of I:0/17 "Bin Full" input. Does this bit indicate when the fruit bin receiver is full (no matter whether Left or Right Bin is being filled? Could this be a different "Bin" (not the two Bins being filled?