New Student looking For professional Insight

elevmike said:
He's a High School student. He's doing the PLC learning thing on his own..not in a class.

DonsDaMan said:
It is a review of material covered, before the test

OK, I didnt know these things. So there is no teacher then ?
If there is noone to ask, or provide answers to the questions in the review, I can see how he has to ask someone else.

For plcs gigs

why do all the gigs of plcs forget that they were also students once, if someone is asking for the dam help instead of helping him why do you guys want to pull his/ her leg. The thing regarding that go to your instructor, sometime instructor don't help either. MY INSTRUCTOR HAS NOT SHOWN A SINGLE EXAMPLE IN THE CLASS AND HE WANTS UP TO LEARN LADDER LOGIC BY OUR SELF. As we are born with programming inour head....

Anonymous #33

If you were to read some of this forum (hint: "Search" at the top and "Similar Topics" at the bottom), you would see that we do answer questions posed by students.

We impose the very vigorous requirement that the student do the following:

1. Make some vestige of an attempt.
2. Ask specific questions.

That's about it.

I suggest you grow up a little before posting again.

If ya can't take the heat . . .

why do all the gigs of plcs forget that they were also students once, if someone is asking for the dam help instead of helping him why do you guys want to pull his/ her leg. The thing regarding that go to your instructor, sometime instructor don't help either. MY INSTRUCTOR HAS NOT SHOWN A SINGLE EXAMPLE IN THE CLASS AND HE WANTS UP TO LEARN LADDER LOGIC BY OUR SELF. As we are born with programming inour head....
Just curious about quoting! Seems not to work sometimes and then at other times it is ok. Strange!

Also,
What are gigs of plcs?

We don't to dams, do we? I figure that is kind of hydraulic.

Pulling legs is against our policy here on the gigs forum.

Instructors are not necessarily teachers. If yours is not a teacher, go somewhere you can learn. It is impossible to teach what you do not know.

Often a teacher will give students a way to use what they have been exposed to at a given point in a course. Little explanation often lets the students use their own knowledge instead of someone else's. The object of teaching is to have the students learn to stand on their own, without the instructor.

I was born with programming in my head. It was very rudimentary but came with the package. Day one I knew how to eat, sleep and poop. Everything else came later and at much expense of effort and time.

Peavey's Inside Thought!!

Well....see guys I only asked these questions becuase they were the ones that I did not have a clear understanding for, the text book I am using is one I got at a garage sale, and I do not have a teacher, or proff. Not even anybody I know can help me........So I thought well this site that clearly says QUESTION AND ANSWERS FOR PLC....maybe I can get some thoughts there, well to be quite honest they was 50 questions at the end of the chapter review and those were the ones, which I posted earlier, that I had throuble with, I did take a shot at them, but like I said earlier if I go through the earlier chapters on my own thinking that what I have learned is correct, then all of a sudden I get to chapter 6, and everything I have learned know is not right, due to a misconception that I had at the beginning of the lessons....I just want to get as good of a grasp I can on the fundimentals information, before trying to tackle the actuall programming parts.

for example I am quite aware that K accoring to my text book refers to 1024 memory Locations, and I know the Kb=1024 bytes, and I know that this books make reference to Allen-Bradley Processors (not specific model #) which I have come to learn runs on 16 Bit processors, and accoring to my chapter review they are suggesting that K refers to what? ( see my previous posting for the possable answers) all the answer that I am familiar is not a option, so I was just curious to what one else would have to say, I am leaning towards 1000 bytes, but I just want to make sure, I have no higer asperations as some of you said earlier as team players, not trying to learn the material on my own, or just lazy.....I WANT THE INSIGHT FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS PERSONALLY PROGRAMMED PLC AND COULD GIVE ME A MOMENT OF THEIR TIME TO MAYBE BETTER EXPLAIN THE ANSWER OR QUESTION TO ME, So that in fact that I do have the basic, fundamental knowledge, needed to go through the next chapters witout having difficulties from something that I learned earlier that was incorrect.

For the record I HAVE NEVER SEEN A PLC, ONLY PICTURES, and some of the quotes in my textbooks refers to PLC LAB MODULES, so for me to know the answer to say the one with which communcitaion connection does a Allen-Bradley processor not have....Hell if I know, I have never seen one up close to examine it...

So I hope this little tid bit of info, clears up some of the fustration that some of you members are lashing out on to me.

And as for the guy who made the remark about go find a job flipping burgers, I DO!!!!!!!

I will say it, many of you were rude, crude and obnoxious.

This is a student and was stated so, also
I hope you don't mind answering the few questions I have forward you you, i am in the process of doing my review questions, for my course and would like a professional opinion on if my selections are correct.

This was a classic example of a student doing the work but because of the ambiguity of the questions needed clarification on a few items.

This is also a person in high school that was courteous and asked the questions in a professional and clear manner.

In other words he did everything you state you want students to do and in return you were rude, crude, obnoxious and judgemental.

What is so hard to understand about:
i am in the process of doing my review questions,
Need to have review defined?

Make up your rabbit minds, if the rules are changing then let everyone know.

peavey wolfgang 2000,

My advice to you is this:

Lose the book you picked up at the garage sale. It's out of date and worthless. The questions you posted are, at best, little more than trivia, at worst, worded to show off the cleverness of the author.

Study Phil's tutorial on this site. Buy a copy for yourself. It teaches you what you need to know to get you started with PLCs and doesn't bog you down with inconsequential nonsense.

rsdoran said:
I will say it, many of you were rude, crude and obnoxious.

I agree.

I took some time in thinking about what to say about this thread, as it took some self-examination on my part. I have been guilty in the past. Some of the comments went past gentle chiding or having fun to being downright mean.

To sum up my thoughts, part of being a professional is acting that way.

Well, I wasn't going to reply, until this:

"But, hey, don't worry... I'm sure Lancie1 will be around to wipe the dribble from your chin!"
My only comment is: fellows, if you don't know the answers, then do not try to cover up your ignorance by showing undeserved anger. It would be better just to remain silent than to open your mouthes and remove all doubts about your intelligence level. If you do not want to help students, then don't. Who cares?

peavey_wolfgang_2000, here are my opinions on your questions:
1. c
2. e
3. b
4. a
5. e (Yes, most of them got this one wrong-PLC memory is usually quoted in words, it says so right in your book!)
6. c
7. b

Last edited: